Hello Beautiful Beings! Today I’ve decided to chat about the 8 benefits of Meditation brought to me in the 8th Month of the year. For those of you who follow-me, you probably know that at the beginning of every month I give myself a challenge.Well, for August 2018 it was 31 days of Meditation. First I’ll tell you what prompted me to this challenge, then I’ll shed light on what meditation is.
I spend a lot of time in reflection, I look to my discernment and intuition to navigate me through life. Hence why I started to realize that my personal, professional and social life was shifting. This shift shook me up and caused me to feel agitated, fidgety and yelling out every now and then, I need a change! I even starting contemplating getting a tattoo, locking my hair or moving! I realize this shift, was the changing of seadons in my life. I’m going into a shedding season that requires letting go and embracing the new. Even as I write this letter on the 1st night of September, the crickets chirping and cooler night’s temperature confirm it. In all, I needed to ground myself in the truth essence of who I am and what’s to come. I needed clarity and no confusion. I needed to have an “inner-standing” and deep revelation. Although I meditate often, I wanted seek the benefits of doing it on a daily basis.
What is Meditation?
Meditation is a mental practice. It requires your attention be turned away from distracting thoughts and focusing on the present. It can involve focusing on the breath, bodily sensations, a word or a message. Meditation is mental purification that make room for new and accurate understanding. As scripture tells us
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
… do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Here are the benefits that meditation brought me.
1.Prayer time & Devotion: The #1 thing meditation brought was an increase in my prayer and study time. This happened naturally. I realize I was seeking answers that could only come from God and I decided to go deeper in verbal communication and reading. This provided sound understanding and the guidance I needed most.
2. Clarity: Meditation assists with mental clarity, no more double mindedness about decisions or the direction I needed to go in for my business. I was able to ponder through these areas. I became clear on the instructions and my confidence resurfaced.
3. Increased focus: I love how meditation increases your focus! It literally help me break through my writers block and work 4-8 hours consistently on projects I need to get done!
4. Listening: Meditation helps your listening skills. When you’re silent you hear so much more and you gain more information! Meditation reset my practice of being slow to speak and quick to listen.I started to listen to my emotional and character needed shedding.
This is soooooo needed for my relationships with myself and others in this new season to create deeper intimacy, harmony and growth!
5. Peace: I found my need in peace meditation. There’s nothing spending time in presence of God and igniting his spirit in you. Meditation is a spiritual discipline.
6. Power: Meditation helps birth your power. I started taking control of my thought patterns. I started to see the things I was obsessing over that I had no control over, this caused me to feel limited! Purging from these mental attitudes has given me more freedom.
7. Discipline: Meditation brings discipline. The first things you want to consider when your seeking growth is how you spend your time. Although I fell short in meditating everyday, challenging myself brought a conscious discipline in and around this commitment. It required consistency.
8. Patience: Meditation highlighted how I needed to be patient. Especially as it pertained to children. I noticed the more patience I gave to the kids in my life the more loving, gentleness and obedience they showed me.